Thursday, January 14, 2010

D) Dear Sweet Distant

What is this inconsolable urge I have to be distant?
Uncontrollable, inconsolable, away from the world, frozen and freezing, bloody and bleeding. Hearts like stars across uncharted space, the spaces between them black and ever-growing fractals of nothingness. I had a good childhood. I was touched often, often touched, told I was loved and loved being told. Somewhere you had to ask for kisses, and somewhere you just had to take them. And then guilt came.


This is a totally fictional story about a totally fictional town, but the people there think it's true, so it's true
-gord


Around me there is warmth. Around me there are words like enigma. Four letter words aren't such a bad thing. You couldn't have told me someone named Lady Gaga would someday exist again. I would've thought we got over that kind of thing somewhere in our cyclically decadent past. The height of European colonialism, the Golden Age of the Sun king, the Emperor's court at Byzantium, Rome... another four letter word. Word. Same patterns on the table. Sun patterns on the wall. Some paper in the bathroom, none in the desk at all.

We all wear masks.
-batman


My dreams come to me when I am awake now. Exes mark the spots. They look good embossed and glossy and dancing, jiggling, vivacious. Every star moves, the sun has gone down now, in the darkness I am alone, wrapped in blankets that smell like me, in powder form, knowing I should reach out to someone but only reaching out to myself, which makes us both miserable. "I can't get a bead on you," says a voice in a language others find foul. The error of our ways inherent and indeterminate. Inconsolable. Uncontrollable. "The horror has finally ceased," I dream her saying, "It took me forever," the reply that never texts. Text, four letters, horrible, horribly, reaching farther and farther apart. Every sun sets. The distance is dark. I crave the darkness.

People are poetry like people are moonshine
-e


We watched a terrible movie and I laughed and went to bed without any pain. In the morning my neck ached and work awaited, people depending on me to be one way always, always one way. I have this growing urge to escape and be distant. What is the force present since the beginning of time that distances all stars, when their inherent gravity pulls closer together? Bifurcated desire. All these good words going unused until they, frozen, freezing, unneeded

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

10:05 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys learn that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

1:31 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home