Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Shrivideo

Our breath clouds the window. Our breath looks for places to go.

Gazing at the night frightened, and frightening itself transparent.

Our breath waits for warmth. Our breath paints the transparent frosty glass the colour of frozen air.

Singing a silent song that only it knows, not now nor never before known.

Our breaths cloud the window. Our breath cringes, seeking less obvious places to hide.

The show must go on
The show went on

"Wherever there's injustice, oppression, and suffering, America will show up six months late and bomb the country next to where it's happening."-P.J. O'Rourke


Well Aura Anderson: Men are only good for opening Jars and sex.
DMsqdMn17: Shit. I have no idea how to open sex.

The most pointed and poignant, well crafted op ed I have seen since Colbert roasted Bushnuts on a open pressclub fire.

Watch it HERE

When I applied for the temp agency the woman interviewing me asked me ("purely for statistical purposes") what ethnicity I identified myself with. I told her "Terran".

And she wrote it down.
Anyone else always want to fill the SEX box with "Yes Please!"?

When I was young I prided myself on being pretty smart. Pretty keen jelly bean.
Back when
the world was masked and I was clean-shaven.
I remember taking particular joy in the astute observation that
"every great thing any man has ever done has been for a woman."
I would quote this at any opportunity,
generously bestowing my wisdom to anyone who would listen,
and vehemently arguing examples to those would dared dispute.

Lately it just depresses me.

When I heard you would be back an electric shock rippled the waves of my placid brain. I see scenes and moments in my mind, daydreams, echoes of a thousand possible futures.

Then I started to realize, shouldn’t I have tried to find a picture of life without you in it.
I should find a world without women in it.

Why can’t we find a man in power anymore? Why is television dominated by fat shlubs with beautiful lithe wives who make all the decisions, and love them out of pity? Why does Bush mess up the world and send Condi around to clean up the mess?

Where are our strong male role models?

Where are the self made men?
Why do I wear a mask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home