Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Frequent New Days

 They say necessity is the mother of all invention.
Don't know who the father is.
Probably remorse.

-Red Green

Cat food
Rice Crispies
high noon sun
3 Bodhisattvas
Male Enhancement
Goldfish

Mornings are suicide.  Who am I going to be today?  Dewey eyes leaching sleep crusts and night sweats, the slowly-revolving world above her dreamy bed.  Fluffy voluminous sheets piled high to protect her from the single truth that is oh so cold.  Her eyes painted grizzly brown, everything evocative of heartbreak and nothing so heartbreaking as the strangest places I see you.  Sonic little coffeehouses and magazine articles on clinical psychology.  The world broadcasts unexpected whines and power lines.  Is this the best we can do?  Hint at it incessantly like so many poems never saying anything deep?

"Masked Man is that you?  What time are you going off to work?  Can you pick up a few things on your way back?"

Paisley
Hawthorn
Sage Chicken
The Yogi Speaks on the Patriot Act
Backseat Toyota Infidelities
Milk


"
Fear not my words," I tell her through brushed teeth.  Don't take me too seriously.   The illusions of youth mask only the proud.  I am a misfit among wannabes.  Now is the time for change.  Today.  The dawn.  Ok tomorrow.  Let's loosen our grip on reality, "Forget how much I care," I hear myself say as if I believe I don't belong here.  Your voice lies crestfallen on the line and I think of infinity and my own weaknesses.  Falling in love doesn't need to have a reason.  Manufacturing emotion to spin into her web.  Some days I can see beyond my own narrow perspective.  And some days I drop every egg I'm juggling, years and years of eggs, when you call.

"
Don't forget to get some eggs."

Brown Eggs
Fish Filet
Pelican dreams
Prudence
Grape nuts

At the end of the day my pen drips incandescent like the moon out your window.  Some words, like ideas, are audible only to babies.  I was bitter for a long time and now I'm trying not to be.  Wouldn't be too hard to sail into the mystic and savor each dying breath, the frightened fuck-up that I am.  Shudder drown, one fears the end and then the pain disappears and I rise gracefully to catch the next wave.  I laugh.  It's as easy as that.  When nothing is real, somehow it all is. More so.

"But what about me?"

Baby Powder
Organic Cheddar
Everything Good that's never been said
Train Tickets
Magic Alex Quotes

Your problem is that my God doesn't drink enough.  My problem is that He does.  I've seen more blurry days here.  Flowers have to grow through the corpses of their dead ancestors just to get some sun.  I love that story, your hair and flowers.  Be sure to wear some flour in your hair.  Why stay away from sugar?  Bake me a cake.  "What? You can't cook?"  I find the right flaws to prescribe to everyone.  Or the wrong flaws.  All the same, it's a game sport.

Popcorn
Whiskey
3 Plaintive weeks in a row


"
Know any good pitches, thief?"  You tell me "never" and I cough in dry explosions cackle-crack of relief.  "Have a nice day at work," I say as I move your keys just slightly out of sight to the right. I'm a jerk.  But I'm your jerk.  And sometimes I feel this makes you insurmountably low.  Well cheer up.  Don't think about it. There's no good way to fall.  And when you get sad as the universe just lay motionless in bed  and remember that each new day is held up by all those dead empty others propelled off spinning somewhere behind us endlessly around and around like a bubble in the park so round and perfect and pop on your finger gone if you're compelled to get too close.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home