Friday, September 12, 2008

If and

If I died tomorrow


I'd first like to say


that I am nothing.


My soul is an idea, and it dies with me, as yours does with you in this avalanch we call life.  Snowflakes shine brightest in the moment they crystalize and freeze, and for a while they rest on the eternal mountain, blessed in the company of friends, before they melt away gone.


and gone... and gone...


Some promise in sadness of a heaven in the sky.
Some charge murderously, with despair in their eyes.
Some go for thrills, few will ask why
this cumbersome march turns beneath the stars up on high


And time,


Time is a virus, hatched in our minds at birth
in those dreamlike images that predate written language
or man who could stand


the low voltage of the reptile mind
intensely satisfied with
a little sun
and a pit to hatch your eggs in.


If I died tomorrow


I am nothing.


The night is frigid, and I just wanted you to know


from this moment in the sun


before the shameless freeze
of these particles floating through the sky


That I was.  Masqued by my time
my mind
and my pace of the climb


I was.


Now, nothing.
Now nothing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home