Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We all want the new thing

"All alone at the end of the of the evening

And the bright lights have faded to blue

I was thinking bout a woman who might have

Loved me and I never knew"
~
Eagles~

Expression. –A Poemtype thingby D.M'd.M.

This morning got up alone.

Took shower. Got dressed.

Put on my mask, and checked my email.

Turns out I have a friend who is an artist and

she is doing an exhibit next week.

Her e-vite included

a picture, painting herself into a corner.

As Gary Doubleday once said:

"Sometimes it seems so hard to be"

I was enchanted and stirred.

But now the sun's gone all to hell.

Drinking away last frantic bursts of youth.

Reading Chaucer and regretting every minute

as they all come to a head.

Why is it so hard to hold on

when everything we know

is swimming away into

a never-ending

need to

sub-

div

id

e

?



Light out of darkness.

Here I am, saying "I am."

Taking off the mask.

Slip back into bed

fetal position and bleeding.

Humming a song I wrote.

You'll like it. It's new.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home