Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Luminosity





Last night as I walk neighborhood blocks that give way
To high-rise down-the-road androgynous moon
Like a lustrous clawmarked eureka!
An open wound in the etchgrass of lamppost star-cities,
Desert fields of vast and cloudy blue sky
Dominated by its chilly gray faience



Above my house, then, as I
stare disconsolately at the ceiling
Unshakeably seized in the terrifying headwaters of its glow
The bird of moonfire has taken wing
and heavenly and mysterious
shines through my window



This morning as I rush
Presumably to renovate my dolefull shirt-tie along-the-way
a single overpowering gleam stands at the doorway.
How did it get there? Not by any imaginable means
This empirical orb, forever fleeting, forever floating
Through flowerpetal churning multiverse of night
So opaque. Untranslatable and cancerous in the sky overhead
That face that moves, or is it We Who Move,
and the ruinious eyes of the gods that unblinkingly observe
our walking traverses through the dreamingless dream-hours each night?




Once, before I was a college dropout afraid to show my face in public without a mask,



When I was in school, walking through little steam puffs of my breath on my way to an early morning class
An unattended forklift blocked my path
just sitting there,
with engine growling,
farting black dust uproariously and,



(as I saw it,)
waiting for someone brave to steal it!

I imagine stealing a forklift is as
gratifying as cracking your knuckles
or doing stretches before yoga
If I were cooler I’d have taken it for a spin

But the workers showed up from their breakfasts

And Set to work.


Obviously, I wouldn't have gotten very far. I don't know how to operate it, I doubt it has good mileage, and come to think of it I know nothing about the internal specifications of cars. I can change a tire but I couldn’t execute an oil change.


DMsqdMn17: I know how to cook.
DMsqdMn17: How the iron.
DMsqdMn17: How the sew.
SliceOGringO: I know comic book history, could give a doctoral thesis on the Claremont/Smith era of Uncanny X-Men
SliceOGringO: but I'll be damned if I can tell you more than the most basic information on the Ottoman Empire,
SliceOGringO: or the Saxons or the Lombards.


When Real life eludes us we always have our dreams.



Admit it. Wouldn't it be sweet to cruise around campus in a forklift?


Alright that’s it. Can't fucking wait to get the hell out of here today.
au revoir
-di’mskædm’nn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home