Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lingo Bingo

Being an influential Internet Bloggicist and D-List Comic Book Superhero has its perks. For example, today I'm NOT going to work. I’m sittin' at home, drinkin' screwdrivers and watchin' taped episodes of Golden Girls and Empty Nest.

If they ask, I will say my absence is due to an internal miscommunication. I got the impression that I did not need to work today. It’s quite true you know. They scarcely need me at all.

Big Meeting Day. Glad I won’t be there? You should be (glad I won't be there). Because rather than squirreling away to the corner of the conference center and playing Lingo Bingo alone & by myself, I am now able to SHARE this didactic diversion with you fine folks.

Lingo Bingo

The Game of The Day

(Yay!)

How to play Lingo Bingo. Very Simple. Draw a Bingo Card and fill in each block with a word you might encounter during the duration of your work day. Check off each block when you hear these words during meetings, seminars, or phonecalls. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and express yourself by shouting out the usual "Whoo-Hoo!" (emphasis on the "Hoo!") (You might want to practice various "Whoo" noises in advance to scope out the one that best captures the intensity of the moment.)

Some of the words that you can use to create your Lingo Bingo Card:

Synergy, Strategic Fit, Core Competencies, Best Practice, Revisit,
Satisfaction, Paradigm, Liability, Bottom Line, Result-Driven,
Out of the Loop, Benchmark, 24/7, Ball Park, Game Plan, Client Focused,
Mindset, Award, Customer, Outside Counsel, Workaround, Forward,
FastTrack, Win-Win, Value-Added, Leverage, Offline, Outside the Box

Many Warm Good Lucks

(Back Tomorrow with More Hearty Chunks of Masked Goodness)

-DMM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home